If you have a question in your mind what is Sitemap? How to create a Sitemap? So you have come to the right blog. Today I am going to give you complete information about Sitemap Step by Step. About a few years ago, there used to be links on the main page of the government website. That link was called “Sitemap”.
Nowadays there are some such websites. Which uses HTML Sitemap. But with time, Sitemap has changed a lot. In today’s Sitemap, you have to publish in XML instead of HTML. Because the target audience has now become search engines instead of people.
No matter how good SEO you do on your website, if you do not submit the correct Sitemap in your website, your website will not rank in Google and there will be no increase in Organic Traffic on your blog, so let’s try to understand that. What is a Sitemap? And how to create a sitemap.
What is Sitemap
If your website is of single page then you do not need to create a Sitemap. But if you write a blog or your website is quite big. So you will have to create a sitemap because there are many webpages in a blog/website.
Sitemap is a file which contains the list of pages of the website. In this file, all the pages of the website are listed as Proper Category Wise.
If understood in simple language, a sitemap is a map of your website. In how many and where are all the pages, posts, categories, and images of your website. Contained in a Proper file. Which is called Sitemap.
Creating and submitting a sitemap makes Google aware of their existence, otherwise, sometimes Google’s spider does not crawl those pages.
If you want to rank your blog in Google, then you will have to submit the sitemap in your blog. Because it tells the search engine about the pages of your blog and the content present on the page. Apart from this, you have updated the blog regularly. All this information helps to show your content in search results. So you understand well why a sitemap is important for a blog/website.
What is WordPress XML Sitemap?
A sitemap is a list of pages that any user can see or read, whereas an XML sitemap is a way in which the blog owner informs the search engines about all the pages of their blog so that they can find them easily. Can be found from.
XML sitemap also shows which are the most important links for you and which pages you are updating regularly. Here let me tell you that sitemap does not boost the search ranking of your blog. Yes, with its help search engines can easily crawl all the pages on your website.
Why is XML Sitemap important?
From the (search engine optimization) point of view, a sitemap is very important for any website or blog. I have told you many times that a sitemap does not increase the ranking of your website, but it indexes the pages on your blog that are not indexed.
XML sitemap is very beneficial for new bloggers. As they are new blogs, they do not have a sufficient amount of backlinks. Due to this, search engines do not notice their blog. Due to this, it becomes difficult to find them in search engines.
New posts of old websites and blogs also get indexed quite easily. This happens because search engines keep crawling very easily. And as he updates in his posts. That’s how the search engine comes to know. Due to this the Google ranking of those websites increases.
How do search engines find sitemaps?
Search engines are very smart. They find the sitemap very easily. A ping notifies search engines as soon as you add a new post to your blog. So that the search engine comes to know about the changes in the sitemap of your blog. By now you must have understood what a is Sitemap? Now I am going to tell you about the types of Sitemap.
Types of Sitemap
After knowing what a is Sitemap, we will know about its types. There are mainly two types of sitemaps.
- HTML Sitemap (Hypertext Markup Language)
- XML Sitemap (Extensible Markup Language)
What is an HTML sitemap?
The HTML sitemap of any blog or website is created keeping its readers in mind. We designed the navigation bar of our blog in this way. Which is easy for our readers to read. In such a situation, whatever post he likes, he can reach it by clicking on that link.
If the navigation bar of your website is not well-designed. And if there is no redirect in the related post, then readers do not have much interest in reading your blog and they soon leave your blog.
Due to this the bounce rate of your blog increases which is very bad according to Google or any search engine.
To improve the experience of our readers, we have to use HTML sitemap on our blog or website.
What is an XML sitemap?
XML sitemap is created keeping search engine boats in mind. Boats of any search engine crawl the website only at a certain time and resource. Which is called Crawl Budget.
If your website’s XML Sitemap is not correct, it will take longer for boats to crawl your website. Due to this, it will not be able to crawl all the posts and pages of your website. This is the only reason due to which many blogs are not able to get indexed in search engines. XML sitemap is used to solve this problem.
XML sitemap creates all the posts and pages of the website in one link. Due to this Boat crawls the website very easily and ranks your blog post quickly in the search engine.
How to create XML Sitemap?
After reading till now, you must have understood well what is Sitemap? Now I am going to tell you how to create a sitemap for a blog?
If your blog is on WordPress, then here you will find many SEO plugins that create Sitemap for your blog. Like:- Yoast, Math Rank, etc. If you use Math Rank, an SEO Plugin, then you can create a Sitemap of your blog by knowing the Sitemap Settings in Math Rank.
- Same if your blog is on Blogger. So you go to Google and write XML Sitemap Generator and click on search. You will come across many such websites which will create a good Sitemap for your blog.
- After this, you have to copy this code which has been generated by the website.
- After this, after logging into the Blogger dashboard, you will have to go to Settings >> Crawlers and Indexing.
- After this, after enabling Custom Robots.txt, open Custom Robots.txt and paste that code. Which you copied. By doing this, Sitemap is added to Blogger.
How to add a blog sitemap in Google Search Console?
Whatever platform your blog is created on, it is very important to add the blog’s sitemap to Google Search Console. Just as you have added the blog to Google Search Console. So let us know how to add a blog sitemap to Google Search Console.
- After entering the Google Search Console, you will have to click on the Sitemap option.
- After this, you will see the domain name of your blog and Enter Sitemap URL in front of it.
- Here you have to write Sitemap.xml and click on Submit.
- As soon as you submit, your blog’s sitemap is added to Google Search Console.
Note: Here I am going to tell you some important websites from which you can easily generate XML Sitemap.
Benefits of Sitemap
If you’re wondering, do I really need a Sitemap? Should I go through all that trouble?” I will ask you to do this. Because it takes a few minutes and its benefits are immense.
Sitemap has the following benefits.
- This tells Google to crawl and index your website.
- It tells Google what to crawl on your website and what not.
- An XML sitemap tells Google what type of content is present on your website.
- An XML sitemap tells Google when your content was updated. (Due to which fresh indexing of your content occurs).
- This tells Google how often your content is updated and how important it is.
- XML Sitemap helps your website to get indexation instantly for dynamically generated pages.
- This helps you overcome the limitations of a website with low internal linking.
- This helps your site overcome the challenge of not yet having a strong external link profile.
- This helps larger sites to have better and more systematic indexation.
- XML sitemaps help Google crawl your website more effectively.
- This shows Google all the pages of your website, regardless of where they are within the architecture, and otherwise cannot be crawled as quickly without a Sitemap.
In today’s article, we told you what a is Sitemap and how to create a Sitemap? It has been explained in simple language and in detail so that you do not face any problems in understanding Sitemap. If you are still facing any problems, you can ask me by commenting.
I hope you liked this article very much. If so, then you must share this article with your friends on social media. If you are serious about blogging, then you can read the Blogging Category of this blog.